HBO®, Cinemax®, Showtime® and Starz® provide some great TV programming for all types of TV preferences. Whether you’re young, or young at heart, an action fan, a comedy lover, or someone who enjoys a good cry every now and then, premium channels from DISH give you many programming options to enjoy movies, concerts, original hit series, and sporting events. Premium channels can be added to any DISH package for a low monthly fee.
DISH premium channels will provide you the latest movie hits, most-anticipated TV series and finales, and exciting sporting events, all unedited and uninterrupted. Here is what new programming is coming to premium channels in May:
HBO® Movies (DISH channels 300-309):
- Hemingway & Gellhorn recounts the marriage of literary genius, Ernest Hemingway, played by Clive Owen, and war correspondent Martha Gellhorn, played by Nicole Kidman. Hemingway & Gellhorn premieres May 28 at 9:00 p.m. EST.
- Rio, an animated adventure-comedy for the whole family, follows the story of Blu, a domesticated macaw from Minnesota as he follows the bird of his dreams on a comedic journey though Brazil. Rio premieres May 24.
- One Day follows the lives of two young people who had a one-night stand in 1988. Anne Hathaway plays Emma and Jim Sturgess plays Dexter. One Day is based on the book by David Nicholls and is directed by Lone Scherfig. One Day premieres May 5 at 8:00.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows—Part 2: Harry, Ron and Hermione search for Voldemort’s remaining Horcruxes in their continued effort to destroy the Dark Lord. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 premieres May 12 at 8:00.
- X-Men: First Class: The U.S. Government in 1962 seeks the help of mutants with super powers to stop a dictator determined to start World War III in this fantasy-action flick. X-Men: First Class premieres May 19 at 8:00.
- Kung Fu Panda Part 2: Po and the gang fight a peacock villain to prevent him from conquering China in this sequel. Kung Fu Panda Part 2 premieres May 26 at 8:00.
Showtime® Movies (DISH channels 318-323)
- Source Code:, this action thriller follows a soldier who wakes up to find he is part of a mission to find the bomber of a Chicago commuter train. Jake Gyllenhaal stars in this twisted and futuristic story. Source Code premieres May 5 at 8pm ET.
- Blue Valentine stars Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams and centers on the evolution of the relationship of a married couple by jumping back and forth from times in their relationship. Blue Valentine premieres 5/1.
- Drive Angry is an action-packed feature starring Nicholas Cage. The movie is about a vengeful father who returns from the grave to punish the men who killed his daughter and kidnapped his granddaughter. Drive Angry premieres May 6, at 9pm ET.
- The King’s Speech tells the story of the man who becomes King George VI. Colin Firth, who plays the stammering royal, must overcome his speech impediment and the overall perception that he is unfit to be the King to inspire England through World War II. Make sure you catch this critically acclaimed film! The King’s Speech premieres May 2nd at 6pm ET
These are just a few of the great titles available to you when you get premium channels on DISH. With great DISH deals including free premium channels for 3 months, there’s no reason to miss these great films! Make the switch to DISH today!