It’s that time of year—time to plan for Valentine’s Day! Guys, if you’re planning a quiet evening at home instead of taking your lady out on the town, you may be in need of some help in the romance department. Nothing gets her in the mood for romance like a great Valentine’s Day chick flick. Ladies, if you’d like to stay home with your man and snuggle up on the couch watching classic romantic movies, your guy may need some coaching in this department. After all, they are called “chick flicks,” so his knowledge in this genre may be limited.
Let’s give your spouse, fiancé, or boyfriend some help by listing some of the chick flicks guys must learn to love for Valentine’s Day. Be sure to check the TV listings in your area to see if these are playing and set your Hopper™ whole-home HD DVR to record them so you have these classics for Valentine’s Day!
- The Notebook (2004)—The ultimate “chick flick” starring lady killer Ryan Gosling and one of America’s sweethearts, Rachel McAdams, follows a young couple who fall in love but are soon separated by social differences. Fate puts them back together years later. Get ready to cry, ladies (and gentlemen)!
- Titanic (1997)—This one won’t be too terribly painful for the guys thanks to the amazing special effects in the James Cameron Oscar® winner. This blockbuster hit features Kate Winslet and Leo DiCaprio.
- How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days (2003)—This romantic comedy stars Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson. He’s a ladies’ man who bets he can make a woman fall in love with him in ten days, and she’s a magazine writer covering a story about crazy things women do that drive guys away. You’ll laugh and gush as these two try to deny their obvious chemistry.
- Dirty Dancing (1987)—This timeless movie never gets old for most chick flick fans. The late Patrick Swayze is absolutely captivating as dance instructor, Johnny Castle. Jennifer Grey plays his young, adoring student, Baby Houseman. Get the tissues ready!
- The Time Traveler’s Wife (2009)—Again, Rachel McAdams has the lead role but this time as Clare Abshire, the object of Henry’s affection. The only catch? Henry’s a time traveler, which makes things difficult for the young lovers.
- Love Actually (2003)—This fun chick flick features an all-star cast and focuses on eight different couples (all loosely connected)as they fall in love (and out of love) around Christmas. Hugh Grant and Liam Neeson are great and the intelligent story lines will keep your man interested.
- Pretty Woman (1990)—Who doesn’t love this movie? You won’t have to push too hard to get your guy to watch this classic chick flick that is an instant favorite among a lot of men(but they just won’t admit it!) Julia Roberts is adorable as a female escort who finds Mr. Right in Richard Gere’s Edward Lewis, a powerful businessman who happens to be in the right place at the right time one fateful night in Los Angeles.
- Ghost (1990)—Again, Patrick Swayze makes women swoon but this time, he’s a ghost. Sam and Molly (Demi Moore) had it all until a botched mugging turns deadly. Sam finds Molly in the after life and works hard to keep her safe from the bad guy that keeps showing up at her door.
There are thousands of great chick flicks to watch this Valentine’s Day. Just set your Hopper HD DVR up to record any movies you find and stay home for a romantic evening this Valentine’s Day! Not yet a DISH customer? Order online or contact a DISH customer service representative today!